If you are an Administrator or SiteAdministrator, you can configure data completeness and data anomaly scans with email alerts and escalations that are sent to Activity Owners and Activity Managers. You can configure the email reminders and alerts to be sent after a certain period of time has passed.
An Activity Owner is a user who is responsible for uploading data to a particular activity. You can assign multiple Activity Owners to one activity, and you can assign a user as an Activity Owner to multiple activities in the system. However, you can only assign users as an Activity Owner for an activity if they have been provided with access to the site where the activity is located.
If configured, these users will receive email reminders for late or missing data entries within the activities they have been assigned to. These email reminders appear after the specified time period configured in the data completeness test.
An Activity Manager is assigned to manage the data at particular activities. You can assign multiple Activity Managers to one activity, and you can assign a user as an Activity Manager to multiple activities in the system. However, you can only assign users as an Activity Manager for an activity if they have been provided with access to the site where the activity is located.
If configured, Activity Managers can receive escalation email alerts when users do not input data within a specified time period. These are usually Divisional Managers or Administrators of the account.
- In Diligent ESG, select Data Management and select GHG Activities.
- Locate the activity in the table that you want to assign owners and managers to and select Select in the activity row.
- In the test details page, select Config to manage the test reminders and alerts.
- Select the Email Reminders & Alerts tab and select the Enable e-mail alerts for this activity checkbox.
- In the Reminder/escalation emails field, enter the number of days after an original alert to send an escalation email alert.
- Select the Data Completeness (Missing, and late data) checkbox to enable email alerts for the data completeness test.
- Select the Activity Owners tab, select one or more names from the left field, and select the Arrow icon > to assign that person as an activity owner. Assigned names move to the right field.
- Select the Activity Managers tab, select one or more names from the left field, and select the Arrow icon > to assign that person as an activity manager. Assigned names move to the right field.
- Select the Anomalies (Duplicates, Overlapping and Inconsistent Data) checkbox to enable email alerts for the data anomaly test.
- Repeat Steps 7 and 8 for the anomaly owners and managers.
- Select Run test.