If you are an Administrator or SiteAdministrator, you can use the data completeness feature to track and monitor data inputs for multiple activities or meters over time. The system runs a scan that checks for completeness of data across the activities or meters that you select. You can set the scan to run for a certain period and the results will show whether data is Missing, Up to Date, Overdue, or Waiting to be updated. You can update and change the test settings at any time.
Non-interval data activities include all other types of data, such as invoices or supplier statements, not included in an interval test and is the main scan used.
- In Diligent ESG, select Data Management and select GHG Activities, Meter Manager, or Transport.
- Select Settings.
- In the Configure bulk activities window, select Data completeness test.
- Expand Non-interval data – Data completeness test and select the Scan non-interval data for incomplete data entries checkbox.
- In the Frequency of data entry dropdown, select how often you expect at least one item of data to be entered for the selected period. For example, you expect at least one record to be added to an activity every three months.
- In the Number of days after the scan when alerts appear field, enter the number of days after a scan occurs before a user is alerted to incomplete data.
- In the At least one data point in each dropdown, select how you expect at least one item of data to be entered for the selected period.
- From the At least one data point in each day options, select Yes if you expect at least one data point for every day in the period selected in Step 7. If you select No, then the test only checks for one data record in the selected period.
- In the First scan date field, enter or select the date for the first scan.
- From the Scan historic data options, select Yes if you would like to scan data from a specific data, and in the First historical scan date field, enter or select the date.
- Select Next.
- (Optional) In the Organization, Activity type, and Country dropdowns, select options for one or more dropdowns to filter the activities in the table and that you want to scan.
- Select Run test.
- Select Close to complete the process.
The system configures the data completeness settings for the selected non-interval activities and meters and after it is completed, you will receive an email. You can view the results in the Analysis>Data Completeness page. For further information about this page, go to Viewing and managing data completeness tests.