In order to comply with CRC regulations, CRC participants are required to:
- Report the total amount of CRC energy supplies across their whole organisation, including any subsidiaries and participant equivalent (PE) organisations for the 12 month period 01 April 2014 - March 2015.
- Compile an evidence pack of records about their energy supplies and organisation.
- Buy and surrender allowances equal to the CO2 emissions they have generated.
- Inform the Environment Agency about any designated changes to the organisation.
CRC Annual Report
Each compliance year ends on 31 March. You need to submit your annual report by the last working day of July, after the end of the compliance year. The first annual reports for phase 2 of CRC (the current phase) need to be submitted by 31 July 2015. Each autumn, the Environment Agency will publish a table showing the emissions data submitted by CRC participants in its Annual Report Publication (ARP). This replaces the Performance League Table (PLT).
You need to report the total amount of CRC energy supplies across your whole organisation, including any subsidiaries and participant equivalent organisations (PE). You also need to report energy supplies for each individual PE.
In the CRC Annual Report CRC participants must enter details of:
- Supplies of electricity (grid and onsite generated electricity)
- Supplies of gas used for heating
- Indicate whether the supply data is actual or estimated
- Electricity generated by renewables
Note: Some electricity and gas supplies are excluded from CRC